2/23/10

Shawls keeps me warm ..

There is no winter here in our country but month of December, January and even February, it is very cold specially in the night. Actually, although it is a hot country you can never tell that we don't need to wear shawl anymore. I always have a shawl in my bag when i was working in an office because my body can't bear cold temperature specially when the aircondition on at medium to cooldest temperature. I used shawl to keep my neck, hands, nape and even my arms and shoulder warm. I "ll shiver without a shawl in an airconditioned room. A shawl is a simple item of clothing, loosely worn over the shoulders, upper body arms, sometimes also over the head. It is usually a rectangular or square piece of cloth, that is often folded to make a triangle but can also be triangle in shape. Other shapes include oblong shawls. In some countries, they used shawls as part of their culture.They used in order to keep warm, to complement a costume, and for symbolic reasons. I used to admire their beautiful designs of shawls in the market and even in the online stores. Some cultures incorporate shawl of various types into their national folk dresses which represents their national dress for their country and those who are still very nationalistic folks. But today seems everybody loved using shawl for added warmth and fashion at outdoor and indoor evening affairs where the temperature is cold and men wore suits while women in dresses or in gowns matched with fashionable shawl where a jacket is might be inappropriate to wear.

0 comments: