2/10/09

Teenage Behaviour

I am totally blanked for a while when My son answered me "Hwag ka ngang maingay. Mamaya pang ten o clock ang pasok ko" {Don't be noisy . Still at ten o clock is my schedule.} I used to wake him up every 6:00 in the morning because his usual schedule is 7:30 am. I don't expect that he answered me that way. He did not informed me that, they don't have first subject today. It's good when he noticed that i am hurt he gave me smile and said very nicely . " Mama My professor attended Mandaluyong day so we don't have class from 7:30 to 10:00 am ."
It is really hard to accepts by parents if teenager showing some behaviors which is not acceptable by folks especially my daughter who used to just rolled her eyes if i am always keep on reminding her. She said she is not anymore a child . But there is something i noticed to them , they don't want me to talk so much . As part of adolescence they tried to find their own identities so not all times they need me to remind everything they do as like when they were in younger age.
Two years ago i attended Seminar on parenting in our church. The speaker said that if a young teenager is not listening or disagrees parents rules and regulation or neglects your standard , stay calm and if you can't say anything good, better keep silent and show to him that you are there for them and pray that your teenagers rebellion will be over.
See full size image

photo from Google search


9 comments:

Roland said...

nay, nagulat naman ako sa inasal ng son mo... part of adolescene yan... ako din dumaan sa ganyan... madalas pag lumalabas ng sungay ko at sinusuwag ko si inay... BUT i always make i say sorry to my mom before the day wraps up.

Susan Blake said...

The Teen years - ouch - I don't envy what you are going thru because I've been there,done that! I handed in my Mom card a few years ago - yes you will survive this - and perhaps you'd find some refreshing tidbits on my blog. I'll be following yours! erasingthebored.blogspot.com
suZen

Sardonyx said...

Ouch, sakit nga nyan, sakit sa tenga but yeah it's part of being a teenager but we should put limits when it should be enough. Thanks for sharing and nice blog.

escape said...

i think that's normal. but you can always talk to them and tell them how you feel.

Nadine Camille said...

thanks for dropping by sa blog ko po:))

it's true WE teenagers are sometimes like that, i mean, there's just a part in our lives na mejo parang nagrerebelde..
i'm one:D

pero minsan, pagsabihan natin ang ating mga anak kahit alam nating they're going through some stage..

kasi natu.o talaga ko nung pinagsasabihan nila ako lagi..

or try reverse pyschology? hehe.

i hope things go okay between you and your anak po:D thanks ulit^^

Christinchen Royale said...

Thanks for this entry, I'm a mom of 4 teenagers too. Sometimes I don't understand their behavior, at most times I'm like them too exchanging that childish banter. But I thank you for sharing what you learned about parenting.

Btw, Nay, I have a tag for you. Hope you can help spread the love!

http://christinchen184.blogspot.com/2009/02/valentine-linky-love.html

pet said...

alam mo nanay belen tama ka dyan, marami sa mga bata ngayon ay bastos, kung tama nga ang salita ko...

minsan ganyan din ako sa anak ko na babae, isa lang naman ang anak ko kaya masakit din sa akin na parang wala na yung respect na dapat ay makukuha natin sa ating mga anak..

Anonymous said...

Your children is undegoing the adolescene stage and want to break through their parents "very protective" attitude. This doesn't mean that they don't want you anymore but they need to break away. But don't worry at the end of the day they are always your little angels that will come back to you. just guide them towards adolescence and give them time not as a baby but a teenager. treat them as a teenagers and not as your babies.They need guidance at their stage specially this is the stage where many influences their personality and behaviors.ciao ^^

Anonymous said...

Hayy iba na yata talaga ang mga teenagers ngayon Nay..

Thanks for sharing what you learned at the seminar, meron din po akong teenager ngayon and sometimes i don't know what to do na rin to discipline her especially sa studies nya..