1/21/09

Carbonara Sauce

Half kilo ground meat (pork or beef) i prefer fatless pork .
1 cup cooked bacon cut into pieces
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
3 pieces of chopped onion
1/4 tsp of pepper
1 big can of evaporated milk
1 cup cream of mushroom( optional)
Cheese ( quick melt)

Heat oil. Saute garlic until golden brown then add onion until wilted . Add ground pork, pepper and salt . Stir until meat becomes oily and half cooked. Add half cup of water and simmer until the meat is well done. Add evaporated milk , 250 ml of all purpose cream and a cup of bacon . Boil for 3-5 minutes but continue stirring and you may add grated cheese and bacon or later when serve already in the table as toppings (i use quick melt cheese). Thicken the sauce with cornstarch or cream of mushroom. Then serve with pasta.

Hi! SHENG this is the recipe of White Carbonara sauce you requested .
Hahaha! actually i am not expert in cooking. I always used recipe book because i am forgetful. Carbonara is my kids favorite. I cook this way ( my own recipe) and they said they like much better than carbonara in French Baker. (LOL)

5 comments:

Rio said...

nay,kinopya ko po yung recipes nyo ha..gusto ko po kasi magluto ng carbonara e...thanks nay

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Thanks for this Nanaybelen. I love eating carbonara, it is my favorite as well. I don't know how I can cook it, i don't have the recipe, I will try doing this on my birthday, that's 2 more weeks from now. Heheh. Salamat ng marami! I had this printed na.

Beth said...

i love carbonara or the pasta alfredo! i love it with mushroom din. meron pa isang luto ng pasta na gusto ko, ung stroganoff ba un? nku naman, nagutom na ko! sayang walang pic, e di lalo na sana ako natakam!*wink*

Anonymous said...

Hello Nay Belen. Thanks po sa pagbisita :) My kids love carbonara too! nag try din ako magluto and i'm happy they liked it :)

pchi said...

I don't like carbonara but maybe I can use it sometime later

I love cooking. Thank you dor sharing your own recipes nanay. Pede din ba magrequest?